MINUTES of CentreBike General Membership Meeting
February 8, 2016
Meeting held at the State College Borough Building
- Paul Rito, Vice President
- Joan Potter, Secretary
- Brian Dempsey
- Jean Bemis
- Mark Davison
- Ed Jenkins
- Mark Higgins
- Melissa Bopp
- Brooke Pinkos
The meeting was called to order by Paul Rito at 5:40 pm.
Current bank account balance is $4,086.23. No new membership or renewals since January.
Winter Bike To Work Day
Everything is confirmed for Friday, Feb 12th event.
May Bike Month Activity Planning
Preliminary plans discussed:
- Information table at Allen Street Gates on Friday, April 29th in order to catch students & faculty before finals start the first week in May. [Joan will reach out to Lydia Vandenbergh to reserve space.]
- In agreement that we should look into cost of a newspaper ad for Sunday, May 1st to recognize National Bike Month.
- Commuter Coffee Fridays
- May 6 – Old Main Steps
- May 13 – The Bicycle Shop
- May 20 – FreezeThaw Cycles
- May 27 – Borough Building Plaza
- Bike to School Day initiative – May 4th. Melissa Bopp, the Coordinator of Exercise is Medicine on Campus Initiative at Penn State, volunteered to work with her interns to prepare a package of information to distribute to Phys Ed instructors in the State College and surrounding school districts.
- Bike to Work Day initiative – May 20th
- Commuter Incentives
- Brian Dempsey summarized a conversation he had with Rob Cooper (PSU representative on TLU). A committee was formed, including Brian, Paul Rito, Allan Stoekl and Melissa Bopp. Proposed hosting a public event to discuss commuter incentives with all the applicable decision-making people.
PSU Bike Share Program
Melissa Bopp gave an update on the proposed Bike Share Program and noted that proposals have been requested. Melissa also noted that she’s putting together a curriculum for a 4-credit cycling class for students to learn about urban cycling skills, and the class would utilize the Bike Share program.
There being no further business to come before the meeting, it adjourned at 6:40 pm.
Joan Potter, Secretary