May 8, 2017
Meeting held at the State College Borough Building
The meeting was called to order by Tristan Avelis at 5:35 pm.
- Current cash balance is $5,113.18. Five membership payments were received, and no expenses were paid out.
- Tristan attended the State College Borough Council meeting on May 1st to accept the official May Bike Month Proclamation.
- The Centre Gives fundraiser is May 9-10th. The event has been promoted on Facebook and the website.
- Paul noted that CiviCRM was used to send the annual membership notices. After a couple minor issues it seems to be working well.
- Joan will take care of providing stickers and snacks for the middle schools’ Battle of the Bikes on May 25th, as approved last month.
- Cliff presented information to place an ad in the American Planning Association’s conference guide. Discussion followed on the benefit to CentreBike and the consensus was not to pursue at this time, however the idea of raising awareness of CentreBike through a publication ad was of interest in the future.
- The VP position is still open. It was unclear if Andrew would be staying on due to a change in circumstances, but the assumption is that he will not. Tristan will get in touch with him to confirm.
- The Kidical Mass family ride on May 20th needs a few volunteers. State clearances are needed because of the children involved, but it is an easy process and no cost will be involved. Several members expressed interest.
- In lieu of a regular meeting in June, a picnic social gathering at Spring Creek Park is being planned for June 12th at 5:30 pm. Courtney volunteered to reserve a pavilion and grill burgers, and attendees can bring a side dish to share. An announcement will be sent to the listserv.
There being no further business to come before the meeting, it adjourned at 7:05 pm.
Joan Potter, Secretary/Treasurer