CentreBike Membership Meeting
February 10, 2020 at 5:30PM
State College Municipal Building in room 241
Rick Arnold (CVIM rep)
Joanna Weidler Lewis
• Treasurer’s Report
Total available funds at this time $13,876.69 League insurance went up a bit this year.
• Stakeholder Reports
• PSU Entities
Cecily reports that students okayed another Light Up the Night Bike Light Giveaway for Spring. Date: March 2, 2020.
Renewal year for Bicycle Friendly Uni and Bicycle Friendly Town designation coming up for community, currently at Bronze, and Penn State University, currently at Silver designation.
Jasmine would like to plan for a Bike Ambassador for each township. Matt considering community outreach about this
Feb 18 is next mtg.16:00-17:30 at Land & Water Research bldg, or Zoom available.
• Winter Bike Anywhere Friday – 2/14 https://www.crcog.net/bikes
• Cycle-A-Thon – 2/29 at 7-11 AM https://www.
ymcaofcentrecounty.org/event/ cycle-a-thon-fundraiser/. Funds raised go to Y kid’s program. You sign up for an hour and make a donation. Matt emailed Josh at YMCA to see if he wants CB to have a table again.
June 27, 2020 is the CVIM (8th annual) bike ride
• Bike Racks cleaned/painted by Matt & Jasmine (Borough will deliver if in borough, otherwise you need to pick up yourself)
• Ride-of-Silence – Paul R/Roy R
West Arete donated $200 towards ROS. St Andrews and KCF said yes, to have start there.
Matt said we submitted CB application for Centre Gives (36 hour online giving event) eligibility.
Centre Bike officers voted to help with funding to send Jasmine to the National Bike Summit
Matt confirmed with local Sierra Club that Centre Bike will have a table with other outdoor groups, both nights of the Banff Mt Film Fest at the State Theatre in April 2020
Tanya Hampton updated Centre Bike on Rothrock Grit– gravel ride race with goal of more women on bikes.
Rick Arnold presented about CVIM’s mission and budget and plans for this year’s Central Cycling Classic on June 27, 2020
Roy Love presented idea for a weekend Bike Fest on weekend of above two events. Planning mtg for this is Wednesday, Feb 19, 2020 at 7PM in the Attic at the State Theatre
Cycle Swap and/or Cycle A Thon for Summers on Allen
Earth Day Birthday Matt submitted form for CB to have a table
Ask a Cyclist event at Allen St Gates
• Planned Events
• 2/29 – Cycle-A-Thon – Table/Volunteers – Matthew C.
• 4/10-11 – Banff – Team MC – Raffle Item (Bike Light)
• 4/18 – Earth Day Birthday – Need Volunteer(s) – Matthew C.
• 4/24 – Ask-A-Cyclist – Need Volunteer(s) – Matthew C.
• 5/1 – Commuter coffee – Matthew C.
• 5/2 – Bike Love – Confirmed – Matthew C
• 5/9 – Centre Bike Swap – Matthew C.
• 5/15 – Spring Bike Anywhere Friday – Prize from where?
• Proposed Events
• Spring Light up the Night – March 2 from 6pm-7pm – Matthew C.
• Push the pedal Passport 5/? – Donation – Matthew C
• Family fun ride 5/? – Matthew C.
• CentreBike Picnic – 5/? – Matthew C.
• Bike Repair Info Table – 5/20? – Raffle Item, Volunteer(s) – Matthew C.
• Mothers day ride – 5/? – Matthew C.
• Open Streets Bellefonte – 5/30? – Matthew C.
• Open Floor
Was suggested to purchase a half wrap on CATA bus
Bike repair station proposed for The Rivet maker space