January 9, 2017
Meeting held at the State College Borough Building
- Joan Potter
- Courtney Hayden
- Autumn Busbee
- Cecily Zhu
- Tristan Avelis
- Will Gowen
- Andrew Artz
- Paul Rito
- Cliff Kanz
- Tom Geseli
- Jean Bemis
- Michele Chernega
- James Read
- Frank Maguire
- Mark Davison
- Mark Higgins
- Tristan Avelis was nominated as President; unanimously elected
- Andrew Artz was nominated as Vice President; unanimously elected
- Joan Potter was nominated as Secretary/Treasurer; unanimously elected
Nittany Cycling Classic
Will Gowen, the PSU cyclist organizing the 2017 Nittany Cycling Classic scheduled for Mar 25-26, described the event activities and mentioned volunteers will be needed. An announcement will be shared with the listserv when available.
Bike Rack Donations
CentreBike member Dennis Bender was acknowledged for his generosity in picking up and delivering 4 racks in December to Childspace, the COG building, Gigi’s and Way Fruit Farm. Cecily Zhu noted that two more racks are available this week. As soon as organizations are identified to receive them, arrangements will be made for delivery.
Upcoming Local Events Discussed
- Jan 14: CRPR Bike Maintenance class at FreezeThaw https://centrebike.org/event/bike-maintenance/
- Feb 10: International Winter Bike to Work Day. Details to be announced.
- Feb 11:CRPR Bike Maintenance class at FreezeThaw https://centrebike.org/event/bike-maintenance-2/
- Feb 13: Bike Lights Giveaway in lieu of February Centre Bike meeting. Details to be announced.
- Mar 16: Basics of Bike Touring class https://centrebike.org/event/basics-of-bike-touring-class/
- Apr 28: <tentative> CentreBike information table at Allen St Gates
- Apr 29: Street Skills for Cyclists class https://centrebike.org/event/street-skills-for-cyclists/
- Coffee Fridays in May in celebration of Biking to Work
- May 11: Biking in the Centre Region class https://centrebike.org/event/biking-in-the-centre-region-class/
- Frank Maguire mentioned the National Bike Summit is Mar 6-9th in Washington, DC. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/building-a-bicycle-friendly-america-for-everyone-national-bike-summit-tickets-29077453446
- The South Central PA’s Regional Bike Summit will be Mar 18th at the Harrisburg Area Community College. http://bicyclesouthcentralpa.org/
- Cliff Kanz noted the PA Chapter of the American Planning Association is a conference in State College on Oct 22-24. There may be an opportunity to hold a bike-related workshop or field trip at the conference.
- The next CentreBike general membership meeting will be Mar 13 at 5:30p in Room 241 at the Borough Building.
There being no further business to come before the meeting, it adjourned at 6:25 pm.
Joan Potter, Secretary