CentreBike Membership Meeting Minutes
August 12, 2019 at 5:30PM
State College Municipal Building in room 241
Attending: Tristan Avelis, Jim Serene, Matt Cox, Paul Rito, Ed Jenkins, Michele Chernega, Mark Davidson, Valerie Burnett
- Treasurer’s Report.
Balance: $14,938.89. $500 of this committed as donation to Harvest Fields (Paul says they were very pleased) $250 for Happy Valley Women’s Cycling like CB did last year (all voted Yea)
- Stakeholder Reports
- Penn DOT (no one present)
- PSU Entities
- c. Municipalities/CRCOG d. CRBAC
Discussion Open floor
- Matt Cox and Ed Jenkins are working on "Cranksgiving" where people ride to purchase food for food bank. You give them list and it’s a quasi-race, Ed Jenkins explained how it worked. NY doing it since mid-nineties and Pittsburgh for about 6 years.
- Mark reported that there is a mtg in Harrisburg on Aug 21 about good ways to talk to legislators.
- Mark reports that Patton Twnshp talking about bike crashes i.e. Scotia & Meeks Valerie asked where bike crash data coming from, and CB replied that it is from Penn DOT.
- N.Atherton from Patton Twnshp to Collenade Blvd is supposed to have sidewalks, Mark D addressed it w/ Township
- Paul reported that Nancy (car injured cyclist in Pine Grove) is recovering and getting a new bike.
- Valerie was counting folks on Tofttrees Ave and got way different count than township reported in November count they did. V also asked if CB knew something about Complete Streets. (Paul said it’s considering pedestrians & cyclists when doing road upgrades or new construction). Valerie also wanted to count on Bellefonte RailTrail but didn’t feel comfortable being there alone. Mark said Ameron will rent a counter or she could use a trail counter. Paul said “All Traffic” company that makes “Your Speed Is” signs has “non-contact counting systems.” V is concerned about a deep gutter on Tofttrees Ave. She said twnshp looks at it as recreation when she feels it’s more transportation. Paul said Trish at COG is concerned about counting too.
- Ed said he had a close call on Fox Hill. Paul showed Ed his front/back helmet cam.
- Tristan reported that Ferg Twnshp chief of police told him they need license plate AND face recorded. Mark D said could be reported also to national Close Calls Network.
- Jim said he saw a truck w/ a “Coal Roller” (car modification to blow smoke on cars or bikes) in action on friends ahead of him.
- Adjournment at 18:30
Next Meeting: September 9th, 2019 at 5:30pm State College Municipal Building in room 241