July 2018 Membership Meeting Minutes

CentreBike Membership Meeting
July 11, 2018 at 5:30PM
State College Municipal Building in Room 241

Attendees: Brian Dempsey, Frank Maguire, Tim Nebgen, Trish Meek, Autumn Busbee, Tristan Avelis, Andrew Artz, Gordon Kauffman, Paul Rito, Mark Davison, Ed Jenkins, and Dana Miller

  1. Welcome
  2. Treasurer’s Report
    1. Received CentreGives grant disbursement (this is NOT the funds from the CentreGives campaign)
    2. $153 was spent on the cookout
    3. Total funds: $9,638.52
  3. Stakeholder Reports
    1. PennDOT
      20 children kits and 50 adult rider kits left. Kits need to be distributed by Sept 30. Majority of these kits will likely be distributed by Trish at CRPR bike classes.
    2. Municipalities/CRCOG
      CRPR is currently working on the Fall Active Guide
    3. CRBAC
      Looking to create direction and distinction between CRBC and CRBAC
    4. Individuals
      Andrew Artz: attended Tyrone Freedom Ride, had a large attendance with a diverse audience and recommends CRBC should have a presence. Over 600 people and raised $10,000.
  4. Updates
    1. LION Bash Participation (Aug 29, 5-8PM)
      Freeze Thaw will host a “Bike Check Up” station and is willing to partner with CentreBike
  5. Discussion and Action Items
    1. Discuss pushing Centre Region Parks and Recreation to modify Phase 1 of the Whitehall Road Master Plan to include an action sports park. Click here for info on the Master Plan.
      1. The Parks Capital Committee will discuss this on Thursday (7/12/2018) at 12:15 PM at the COG Building Forum Building.
      2. Click here for more information on the State College Borough Action Sports Park Report.
    2. Discuss working with the Visitor’s Bureau to see if we could update the Cycle Centre County brochure. They currently have an extensive page on their website about biking, but nothing (?) in print. See images of the 2003 cycling campaign on the next page.
      1. Dana Miller volunteered to investigate what CSVB currently has as far as biking goes and start a conversation about what they are willing to carry.
    3. Discuss safety initiatives and Drive with Care yard sign.
      1. Centre County Concerned Cyclists; cyclists was recently hit. Paul is working to send members of this group our way, since we are established.
        Motion to mark $1,500 to purchase yard signs over next year; signs could be “purchased” with donations. Motion passed.
    4. Members might be interested in the Friends of Rothrock State Forest group. Click here for more information.
  6. Adjournment
  7. Next Meeting
    August 13, 2018 at 5:30PM
    State College Municipal Building in Room 241