CentreBike Membership Meeting July 11th, 2022 at 5:30pm-7:00pm
Attending: Matt Cox, Paul Rito, Ed Jenkins, Mark Davison, Michele Chernega, Jean Bemis, Corey Thibault-Cuhe, Anne Messner, Jasmine Fields
• Treasurer’s Report Balance: $15,003.89
Centre Bike Business: Paul made a motion to make Ed Jenkins the new Centre Bike Treasurer. Seconded by michele Chernega, then receiving a unanimous Yes vote from Exec Com
• Stakeholder Reports
• State College Borough Jasmine reported that they are moving forward with Infastructure project. They chose a consultant for new mobility plan. Six applicants to Bicycle Ambassador program, and they hope they will help with events as well as their regular duty to expand reach with education outreach about safety.
• Penn State/Bike Den Corey reported on Bike Den calendar activity and future scooter potential. New bike parking ideas may be implemented.
• Centre Region Bicycle Advisory Committee
• Centre Region Council of Government Anne reported that on sub-committee of MPO (programs federal dollars) to do Safe Streets for All. Jasmine spoke about social activities to help with Bicycle Friendly Community and requested help with securing more Bicycle Friendly Businesses. Ed suggested a Task Force from CB to help.
• Highway Safety Network
• New Business
• Officer Transition
• Bicycle Friendly Business – Expansion Jasmine asked if CB might help in some way. Ed made a motion to create a Task Force to help but he says CB should have a Strategic Plan to more quickly see who CB should support with volunteers and/or finances.
• Bike Rodeo Matt reports that whatever municipality hosts it, that police force might help with it. Penn DOT assistance fell through. Ed said it might be good to map out rest of year’s activities via a CB Exec Com mtg
Smart Cycling Courses for the public and even police. Jasmine says target people who inquired and Ed said school district may be a place as well.
• Bicycle Friendly Driver Classes Jasmine is revisiting these especially in lieu of recent bicycle fatality. Ed also recommends we review CB Strategic Plan to see when appropriate for CB to help when asked by various people or organizations.
• Old Business
• Thompson Woods Bridge – Update
• Open Floor • Adjournment at 18:30
Next Meeting: August 8th, 2022 at 5:30pm-7:00pm Virtually via Zoom : https://psu.zoom.us/j/99435517568